Thursday, December 30, 2010

A little bit more...

So I got another 17 pages done, which is the bulk of one of my primary climax-type scenes, a very complicated sequence which has proven to be a real challenge today. The scene isn't done, but i did map out how the rest of the scene will work. Up to 86 now.

I'm finding it quite difficult to write scenes with this many people in them. I realized a couple of days ago that I haven't actually written a play with more than 4 characters total, much less a scene where 8 people are all trying to talk. Almost as confusing as the fact that almost every single person in this play is pretending to be at least one other person, if not more.

I will also say that, as someone who almost always writes to music, I'm having a great time listening to all the Tango music that I've chosen to inspire the writing - a LOT of Astor Piazzolla. It's a fun kind of energy that is beautiful, takes itself quite seriously, and is bouncy and fun at the same time.

As the New Year is approaching, I am also realizing that if I finish this first draft - no matter how badly it is written - I will have kept my New Year Resolution for 2010, to write at least the first drafts of two new full length plays. I might just be able to sneak it in under the wire...

No comments:

Post a Comment