Friday, November 25, 2011

Mayfair - more pages...

So, with deadlines past and urgency at an all time high, I am cranking out new pages for The Mayfair Affair.  I went off to a local coffee shop to write this afternoon - one that, thankfully, password protects its wireless (they change it daily, I think, but will tell you the new password if  you ask the barista).  So I didn't ask for the pw, which means I actually hunkered down and WROTE.  I hit a nice stop point around page 42, which might be the end of act one.

Some of what I have right now is really funny - which is the point, I suppose - but I already know it will need to get tighter as I move forward with the next pass.  Hopefully, I will have a whole draft before the end of this weekend.

Our expectation is to cast this play in the beginning of December (which is next week), and have a reading with the cast before we all go away for Christmas - which will mean finding a time during final exams.  No pressure.  That will then give me the material with which to rewrite over the holidays and have a new draft by the time rehearsals begin in January.

This is a crazy schedule, I am well aware...

No comments:

Post a Comment