Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Coming out from under...

So, i'm noticing that i've not put anything on this blog since november, when i was happy about finishing some more pages on Mayfair.

Well, that got finished - and workshopped with a presentation in February.  It was a fun show, great responses.  There is another presentation scheduled for October at Weslyan School in Georgia, which I'm looking forward to going to see.

In the past two months, i've performed in the New Stage production of All My Sons with John Maxwell and a great cast - very proud of that show.  and I took a team of students to Germany, France, and Switzerland, where we performed The Tempest (I played Prospero).

I'm home now, and looking ahead at the next couple of months.  As always, I have a lot of hopes and dreams of how a summer 'off' will yield a massive amount of writing time - which somehow always gets sucked up to watching the fourth hour of morning talk shows and reruns of HeeHaw.  (that's a joke.  no one runs reruns of HeeHaw.  I've checked.)

My writing project currently on the front burner is to write a 'progressive play' - where the audience moves from site to site to watch short 7-10 minute plays at various locations.  My idea is to write a play based off of each track from the Over the Rhine album The Long Surrender - which might prove tricky, since I already wrote one (which is too long for this project) to the song Rave On.  But we'll see how it all turns out.  The goal is to have a set of plays which the audience sees in groups of 10 or less, then at the end, all the small audience groups comes together to watch the last play together - maybe people from all the individual plays are all in the last play.


No comments:

Post a Comment