Monday, June 11, 2012

The Glen

So, I'm attending a playwriting workshop this week at The Glen - East, hosted by Image Journal.  Arlene Hutton is our instructor.  Instead of our session being to get feedback on completed or in-process works (which most Glen sessions seem to be about), we are planning to focus on creating and developing new ideas for plays.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works - I've never done a week long workshop like this.

We are at Mount Holyoke College in western Massachusetts - a beautiful campus with lots of New England charm.  Meeting a lot of new people, and have already had some very interesting and compelling late-into-the-evening-hours conversations.

Not sure how much time I'll have to scratch out thoughts for a blog this week, but maybe some insights or even some writing might get posted.

I did get a chance while traveling to read through the first draft of Long Surrender - some things turned out better than I'd remembered, and some need work.  Hopefully sometime soon I can get back to working on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment