Saturday, June 2, 2012

3 more done

I've now completed plays #8, #9 and #10, which means that there are only 4 more plays to write to finish the first draft of The Long Surrender cycle.  I won't be surprised if these three plays turn out to be my favorites when all is said and done.  Two of them are fairly realistic, the other has some style to it (it'll be a challenge).  But when I finished them, each one of them, I felt pretty satisfied that I'd captured what had come to mind (though there may be some adjustments to be made).

I'm realizing now that I'm blogging through the process of writing, but I'm not really saying much about each individual play.  I might do that when I go through a second pass - I'm wanting to avoid influencing the plays that are yet to come by over-describing the ones I've written.  I'm afraid of too closely identifying the pattern I'm setting down, then getting stuck trying to continue the pattern.  I've had that problem before.

Hoping to write another play later today, then I'll be on track to finish on Wednesday...

1 comment: