Friday, October 19, 2012

A Birthday Present

Today is my birthday.  And for my birthday, I get to watch my play The Mayfair Affair performed at The Wesleyan School's Wolf Players!  I did get to see the show last night, so I know that it will be a great performance, and I will laugh at all of my own stupid jokes that make me laugh no matter how often I hear them.  And I'm spending part of the day on campus here, so I get to be a sort-of celebrity for a day (which always feels good).  Then I'll get to go to dinner with my family, and some friends.  There are worse ways to spend a birthday.

Worse ways to spend a birthday that I can think of right now:

  • Russian gulag
  • trapped in a mine
  • space jump
  • public flogging (either real or metaphoric)
  • Chuck E Cheese
I actually went to a Chuck E Cheese birthday for a non-child and it was a lot of fun - on a Tuesday; today is a Friday, which would be insane.

I'll stick with watching my play be performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment