Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Granite - a rewrite

Granite

Here is the rewritten version of Granite - play #31 of my submissions to the 31 Plays in 31 Days project.  I just submitted this rewrite for consideration for the project's Internet Staged Reading and for publication in the ensuing Anthology.

Since this was yet another play where I started writing not having much idea of exactly where I was going, the chance to consider rewrites and really dig back through the script was really helpful.  Since the main image of the script turned out to be the block of granite, I made some adjustments to the placement of Litha's speeches, so that she starts the play now.  I was able to expand and complete more of the stories of the other three, and put some more touches into the scene descriptions to clarify what it is we see on stage.  I definitely like this more after the rewrite.  Might almost be worth staging...

No comments:

Post a Comment