Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The candelabra

This is the second piece I wrote in that evening at The Art Factory.  I enjoy it when this kind of writing happens - it's a response to the flow of the moment; for a place in time and the people inhabiting it.  I don't know if it has any further reach than for that evening, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  It's written down more or less like a poem, but I don't know if I'd call it that...


It drops from above
This rain of wax
Coating
Melted from the whole
Hanging just above
Within reach but secure
The candles spend themselves
To coat what lies below
The burn felt
Being only a fraction
Of the process from candle to wax
All sacrificed
To prepare itself to creat
A protection
Taking perfect shape
Over that which it covers
Individual

No comments:

Post a Comment