Sunday, May 27, 2012

Four on the floor.

Hopefully, I'm not going to just post every time I finish another Long Surrender play.  But that's what I'm doing right now.

"Soon..." is done.  A strange little piece - no movement, just separation and longing.  I'm liking the first draft, but thinking that there may be more to this one on another pass - more than I've felt about the other ones so far.  Only concern there is that this one is 8 pages already; don't want it to be too long for the format.  But without any movement, the words may go by quite quickly.

Speaking of the format, I did hit on the idea the other day that the cycle could work with one opening play, break out into the small groups for a set of 6 plays in rotation, an intermission, then another 6 rotation, then back together as one audience for a final play.  14 plays.  That would make this an over 2 hour endeavor, and really only be capable of having 36 audience members per show.  it would also mean that we need at least 18 people on cast and crew - 2 actors and 1SM/tech for each piece.  That may still be too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment