Thursday, August 16, 2012

About... All the Way Home - Day 16


All the Way Home - script

Day 16.  Did some recruiting for inspiration.  Invited people to send me images, phrases or songs that might inspire a play.

Got a photo of a young girl, maybe 7, sitting on a bench by a large window, holding a ceramic cup - which looks enormous in her tiny hands.  Chose the jazz tune "Tenderly" played by Chet Baker to go with it.

Back to the late night writing, and the dining room - which has quickly become the most creative room in the house, apparently.  Once upon a time, I had set up a 'writing studio' in a shack in my backyard - which is now full of storage and broken lawn equipment.  I did write there for a while, but that was now years ago.

Wasn't drawing on anything from my own experience for any of this play.  Other than that I always enjoy it when I come home and my kids are excited to see me.  Doesn't happen with the older ones much any more, but I can count on the two-year-old to just about explode with excitement every time I come into the same room with him.  Even if I was just in the next room

No comments:

Post a Comment