Thursday, August 9, 2012

About... Quixote - Play 08


Quixote script at scribd.com

Play 8.  Behind again.  Full days and so many things going on make it hard to keep up.  I'm actually intending to write another play tonight, then I'll be back on schedule.  This one wasn't hard to write (or come up with), but it amounts to just a little more than a skit.  It'd really like to do better.

I've always liked the idea of Quixote.  I've even just liked the word.  I've tried to name a band I was in Quixote - but it sounded like we might be a mariachi band.  We were not.  But still, the story of Quixote is one that is, for me, the right mix of heroic and idiotic, foolish and noble.  It has connection, for me, to the Absurdists, and to Ecclesiastes - other favorites of mine.  So when I sat down on my lounge chair with my laptop and looked for a song for inspiration, finding the Toad the Wet Sprocket song Windmills was a great fit.  Locked into having Quixote on stage - convincing someone to pick up the fight.

Not much more than that from me on this one.  Since I'm planning to write another one tonight, I'm just going to charge ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment