Friday, August 3, 2012

About.... Cassiopeia's Story of Leo and Gemini - Day 02


Cassiopeia's Story of Leo and Gemini - a fable about searching for love on one's own terms.

OK, truth time.  This was supposed to be for day 2, but I wrote it on day 3 - first thing in the morning.  Day 2 was the first day of a teaching assignment I was doing (teaching drama to students from China) - and was too nervous about it and doing last minute prep to even think about writing even a short play.  but I got it written the next morning.

I wanted to write a more abstract play after writing a realistic scene yesterday.  I had a vision of a particular action to happen on stage (a strange stage kiss) - somehow it didn't actually get to happen in this play, but maybe it will still find its way in sometime this month.  but it led me down the path of thinking of this story of searching for love.  I like to keep staging simple, so I wanted no set, just the lighting effect.  I started with Cassiopeia coming on, thinking that she was IN the story, but she started TELLING the story, so I just went with that.

I know there's more to this whole fable, and maybe in September I'll go back to it.  I'll probably say that about all of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment