Wednesday, August 8, 2012

About... Wannabe Fanboy - Day 07


Wannabe Fanboy script at Scribd.com

Day 7 proved to be difficult.  I've been staying up too late writing these things.  I had to go to bed early.  So I wrote script 7 on the morning of day 8 - unsure if I'll actually get to write script 8 today.

Also proving difficult was the lack of inspiration.  About the only thing I was going on was enjoying watching the web series called Comedians in Cars getting Coffee - Jerry Seinfeld picks up a comedian friend and they go get coffee.  It really is just them chatting and being conversationally funny as they sit in a car, then a coffee shop.  So I was going after that kind of flow of conversation; lighter and amusing.

I do often wonder about the fanboy impulse.  There are a lot of things that I really enjoy, but I would never get a tattoo of it, or dress up like a character at a convention or movie premiere.  I would never paint my body to attend a sporting event.  I do buy a fair amount of books about a subject I like (maybe a playwright, or director), but I'm not going to go out and re-enact something, or look on ebay for authentic Elvis paraphernalia.  There's something I admire, and maybe even slightly envy, about that kind of fan support - and maybe I wish I had it.  Not enough to paint my house the Pittsburgh Steelers colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment