Saturday, August 11, 2012

About... One of These Days - Play 10


One of These Days - script

Play 10, written on the morning of Day 11.  I'll be caught up by tonight.
Written sitting at the dining room table, no music this time - extra challenge: writing while the 2 year old is eating lunch.

It's another abstract little play - 3 men who may or may not be sitting on a bench all at the same time; may or may not be hearing each other, but are in counterpoint.

It's a balance - the desire to go, an attempt to divine the immediate future, the longing for the comfort of routine.  It reminds me of a time in my life, living in a rural area, having a plan to move away in a year. A fair amount of staring off into the sky, of grumbling about the todays, romanticizing both the tomorrows and the yesterdays in turn.  One of the many times where I know I didn't make as much of my time as I could have - when getting on the bus doesn't have to mean leaving, just living the today.

The reason that rewriting is important: the above paragraph, getting more of any that into the script, is what might make this play better.

No comments:

Post a Comment